About Me

My name is Danielle and I attend Berkley Normal Middle School as a year eight. This blog is all about my learning in school and out of school. There are six people in my family my Mum, Dad, Myself, Amy, Hannah and Patrick. My family lives on a dairy farm where my Mum and Dad work. My hobbies are Irish dancing and swimming. My favourite is Irish dancing so I get to do competitions in Auckland and this year I'm aiming to go to the nationals. My favourite subject at school would be maths because there is always are right or a wrong answer; unlike english when you have to keep improving and keep improving . My favourite tech art is food because I really enjoy cooking and I would love to be on junior master chef. Every year my family go camping with about six other families. We take tents and our boats and go ski biscuiting and fishing and one time we went to Cape Reinga. My favourite year camping was when we visited and snorkeled at the Poor nights New Zealands' best snorkeling attraction. My family love fishing and we belong to a fishing club so we do competitions sometimes. We have been to Fiji and England and they are both great places to visit we went tobogganing and built snowmen in England and we went snorkeling and swam with Manta rays in Fiji. I hope you like my blog and please comment on some of my posts.

Saturday 18 April 2015

I Was Blobbed

My Favorite's at New Horizons


My favorite activity at New Horizons was the blob. Here is a memoir about the blob.

I'm ready I tell myself I have done one blob with someone my size. Now Dad can blob me. I listen to the instructor and his instructions, I need to lean forward on the blob before he jumps and keep a pin drop when I'm in the air. I can hear the countdown 3... 2.... 1... jump. I listen for the slap as dad lands on the Blob. Up. Up. And up. I'm flying.

My favorite venue on New Horizons was Waimarino because of all the activities for offer. Here is a poem setting the scene of Waimarino :

Rust clings to the aged ladders,
Hens run to and fro around each activity
The blob, water trampolines and hydro slide,
decorate the water with their fun.
White paint cracks on the wooden diving boards
Blinding sun brings hands to children's eyes
The blob bounces kids high
Kayaks paint colors over the glistening river,
dancing into a raft up,
in a near perfect circle.
Phones clicking rapidly,
capturing a memory that will always be remembered.

My favorite walk on New Horizons was the walk up the mount because of the view at the top of Mount Maunganui. Here is a piece of writing about the view at the top.

A stretch of land on your right painted in buildings
The sea on your left a clear deep blue

The greenery is beautiful a dark healthy green
Hefty waves crash in to the beach
Endeavor to get to the top of Mount Maunganui to see this view. ( make an effort to get to the top)

The roads full of traffic
On the water on the right of the buildings there are yachts 
Persevere and get to the top to see Tauranga as a whole.

This is a photo of the view from the Mount:
View from Mount Maunganui
Photo By: Christoph Strässler
View from Mount Maunganui
Creative Commons License


Here is a link to the place where we went so if you are interested you can have a look

http://www.waimarino.com/

Do you think you would try the blob if you ever went to Waimarino?

No comments:

Post a Comment